Friday, November 20, 2009

What was I thinking???

No inroads were made. What was I thinking yesterday that I would actually be able to change something? Teachers know what I'm talking about and now I'm going to share it with you. It's common to think that you have the ability to effect change of some kind, but not in this case. I'm still grappling with that truth. I can change me and that's about it. A kid or two may decide to get their life right, but I can't make it happen. Just like I can't make a kid learn. I can put it out there, but they don't have to take it. With that being said I'm going to just carry on my way. If you're between the ages of 25 and 35 just know that in the not so distant future you are going to have to care for yourself. Don't plan on society helping you out and sure don't plan on people helping you out. It's becoming ever more clear to me that people can't help themselves and the epidemic I'm seeing in the classroom will eventually spill over into everyday society and it's all downhill from there. I'm not sure who actually reads this, but if you're a responsible student or a responsible parent or a responsible citizen I want to say Thanks for being you. Other than that...get ready folks. The storm's a comin'. I'm going to keep doing the best I can and being the best me I can be and we'll see what happens from there. Don't forget to follow or share this with a friend. Have a great day!

No comments: