Saturday, January 14, 2012

Political Season and I'm back!!!

It's been a while, but I'm back on the grind. I've been writing down notes that I've wanted to share with you all, but I'm just now getting a chance to put them out there. I may make this one post it may be more. Heck, it's my blog so I can do what I want!!! Now that that's out of the way down to the nitty gritty. This will be my political blog. I'll put out some thoughts that I've noticed since this political season has started and we can discuss, so some of these thoughts may be a little dated, but still pertinent.

Ron Paul won't ever win an election. Not because he doesn't have the support or the money, it's because he talks. Ron Paul is good for about two sentences and then he falls off a cliff. I know a lot of people support him whole-heartedly and that's their right, but his views can't and won't win an election. Not because of his supporters, but because of the other people that he needs to vote for him. The conservatives, the old GOP voters, the moderates, they don't look at Ron Paul for his attributes, instead they look at him for his downfalls. When people become focused on what it is that you're not doing well, then you are all but lost. He has given a great showing and I hope that his run in the primaries will allow us to see the shortcomings of the political process and lead us to make it better.

I'm going to end this piece by simply saying, Ron Paul will not win, but we can learn from his efforts. I hope the country watches and learns that we can still put people up that we want to see in the running. What we need to find a way to change is the overall process. We can have corporations paying to put people in office. We all see where that has gotten us. It feels good to be back. Take care!!

No comments: