Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Healthcare

I don't have too favorable view of our current health care system. Thank the good Lord I'm in relatively good health and it's rare that I have to go to the doctor, but when I do I feel the pain in the wallet.


The past couple of times I've gone I've had to come out of pocket quite a bit for nothing. Both times I went to urgent care clinics (primacare and care now) and in both cases I saw a doctor for about 5 minutes and in one case a PA and both basically told me to keep doing what I was doing and sent me on my way. Both times I was given at least a $200 bill. Really? Thats ridiculous! Something has to give.


Obviously the government can't fix it, so I'm hoping maybe someone reading this can find something that works better than our current system. I have insurance but I have to fulfill an out of pocket deductible before they start paying and the deductible is not cheap (it was the only option they presented me). So, my one doctor visit every other year continues to cost me just like if I had no insurance at all. Just pathetic. I'm truly at a loss. Let's get it together American insurance companies and health care system. Do something right.


Feel free to leave a comment. I look forward to hearing if you've had any similar experiences. Take care! Oh and don't get sick.


No comments: