Sunday, April 18, 2010

Movie reviews

I'm back with some more movies. Today we'll look at Sherlock Holmes, The Blind Side, Ninja Assassins and one TV Show review - Treme (Truh-may for those outside of Louisiana).

Sherlock Holmes - Robert Downey played a great Sherlock. Backed up by Jude Law as Dr. Watson and you have a funny, action-packed adventure. Mr. Holmes has to help the bobbies figure out how a criminal escapes death to terrorize the town and Sherlock uses all of his deductive skills in order to bring the case to a close. Very smart and funny and now on DVD. Go ahead and enjoy. 2 claps!

The Blind Side - I held off watching this movie because I didn't want to be disappointed so I rented it and by George disappointment. I guess it happens. Story line was pretty flat and predictable and I just didn't care for it. I'm not going to say much about this movie. If you know me you can ask and I'll tell you about it. If you can't get in touch with me I'll let you decide for yourself. 1/2 clap.

Ninja Assassins - In the spirit of old school kung fu movies, Ninja Assassins give you Bruce Lee feel with a Kill Bill effects package. Definitely not an award winner, but if you're a fan of kung fu movies, you know that non of them are. The storyline is pretty straight-forward. A guy is trained as a ninja, but chooses a different path and has the ultimate showdown at the end using all of his skills and some he didn't even know he had. 2 claps for all kung fu lovers.

Treme - I know this isn't a movie, but if you liked The Wire you will be instantly gripped by this show. It takes place 3 months after Hurricane Katrina and it takes a look at how music played a role in the slow and gradual rebuilding of the city. This show in my mind is one worth buying HBO for. Treme (Truh - may) is filled with complex and interesting characters and the story lines are masterfully woven together and significantly rich on their own. Treme has only had one episode so far but it sets itself up to be another award winning series for HBO. I give this a standing ovation.

No comments: