Sunday, April 18, 2010

I've been trying

I've been trying not to harp too much on the negative at my work, but I wanted to give you an update as to how things are going. I know some folks have asked me a couple of times so I'll give you a quick rundown. I'll try not to be too verbose, so I'll see if listing the problems out will help me.

1.) Admin is still in shambles- there's no real chain of command and to put it bluntly there are too many chiefs and not enough indians.
2.) The children seem to have been left behind- With the problem in the upper levels, it seems as though the students are almost given a free ride. The kids like it and the admin has taken this route so that they don't have to answer to disgruntled parents and keep up the facade of everything's fine. The kids lose in the end when things are set up like this.
3.) Many good teachers are leaving - once again because of the lack of organization at the top and poor working conditions, many good teachers are trying to share their influences in other schools and districts. Once again....the kids lose.
4.) The district seems to rather lose teachers than fix the problems - As long as that's the prevailing thought the kids will continue to lose.
5.) I'm holding on as best I can and trying not to let it bring me to far down, so I just keep telling myself it's almost over.

That's the jist of it and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Other than that I guess I can end this session. Take care.

No comments: